The NC Conference Insurance Committee offers a wellness program to support conference members in making their personal wellness a priority. The programs described below are offered as resources on your journey towards healthy living.
- BCBS Blue365 program offers discounts on healthy eating products (such as Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig) to participants of the NC Conference health plan
- BCBS Nutritional Counseling Benefit – participants of the NC Conference health plan can make an appointment with an in-network dietician in an office setting and their copayment can be waived.
- Wellness INcentive (WIN) Program reward – participants of the NC Conference health plan earn points for making healthy choices. Participants of 2015 can earn $150 per covered member per calendar year. For 2016, Conference BCBSenrolled claimants and spouses may earn a maximum of $200 per year (each).Covered children may earn a maximum rebate of $150 per calendar year (each).HRA participants may earn a maximum rebate of $150 per calendar year (each).
- Amazing Pace Walking Program – Qualified participants can earn up to $300 in Visa Cash Card incentives. To qualify for this base incentive each journey (calendar quarter), participants must (1) be registered by the first day of the journey and (2) wear the pedometer at least 65% of the days in the journey and (3) average 1,000 steps per day.
- BCBS Blue365 program discounts on gym memberships and fitness equipment
Healthy Minds and Spirits
- Retreat center availability – NC United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries offers clergy, their spouses, families, and congregations renewal, rest and relaxation in God’s great outdoors. Inquire about personal retreat opportunities!
- Amazing Pace Walking Program – walking has been shown to reduce stress, provide sounder sleep, and increase connections with walking companions. Join your conference colleagues and invite your spouses to join you on your walk towards healthy living!
- BCBS Mental Health Benefit – participants of the NC Conference health plan pay a copayment for in-network mental health care providers.
- The Clergy Health Institute – A year-long program designed to address health and wellness needs among clergy of the United Methodist denomination. It includes a 7-night retreat, fitness assessments and guided exercise sessions, sessions on improving relationships, emotional wellness, nutrition and physical fitness, and quarterly follow-up sessions via email.
New Resiliency Resource from Wespath Benefit Plans Department
Resiliency is important, because unfortunately, life isn’t always easy. How we handle situations when they are not going as planned is important. The Resiliency Toolkit gives strategies for building resiliency based on the 5 dimensions of well-being. Everyone goes through challenging times. But additionally, everyone can strengthen their ability to recover and adjust to misfortune or change.
Want to Maximize Your Wellness Benefits?
The time and distance you spend taking a walk can be counted on TWO different wellness programs to DOUBLE your rewards! Qualified participants can enroll in the Amazing Pace Walking program AND count the same steps and the time spent walking on the WIN program!
Questions? Contact the NC Conference Benefits Team at 1-800-849-4433.