Billing System Changes Effective January 1, 2018
The NC Conference is changing the billing system used for the insurance and pension benefits. Here are the important changes you need to be aware of:
- All fixed automatic draft payments will be processed on the 25th of the month.Currently, fixed automatic draft payments occur one of five dates each month, but the new system only allows for one automatic draft per month. If billing on the 25th works with your bill paying schedule then no action is necessary. If it does not, then you may choose to use the online method to initiate payments or cancel participation in the draft program altogether. Use EFT enrollment forms on the Treasurer’s Office Downloads website to change to the online method. To cancel, simply send an email stating your intent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you currently authorize monthly payments through the Online Data Collection System, you will not see any immediate change to the processing of your payments. A new website for making online payments will be rolled out later in 2018.
- Insurance bills will be sent to only one payer. One of the churches at each Multi-point Charge and Dual Appointment will be designated as the lead church. This church will receive one insurance bill for the total monthly amount. Pension bills will continue to have the option of being split between two payers based upon the compensation each payer provides.
- A single church billing address will be used for both Pension and Insurance statements.
The church’s main mailing address will be used by default. A separate billing address can be designated instead on the church’s bio record.
The preferred mailing address on your clergy bio page will be used.
All billing recipients are encouraged to log into the Online Data Collection System prior to January 1st and verify that these addresses are correct.
Moving? Please update your address
A current address is important for receiving your statements, forms, and other information from the Conference. To update your address, go to the Online Data Collection. Log in and locate your name. Click on the Contact tab and edit the information there. There are other benefits related entities that need your new contact information. Please read this section of the Treasurer’s Office FAQ for more information.
Announcement: BCBS of NC Member Portal:
Blue ConnectSM is Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina’s enhanced, highly personalized member home page that launched on January 1st. Members can now personalize their home page based on their interests. They can also link data from health and lifestyle devices and apps — to see how various activities impact their well being. Plus, checking claims and getting account information has never been easier! To learn more, watch this short online presentation on Blue Connect.
Current Insurance Newsletter –
View the newsletter for important announcements and helpful tips.
Flexible Spending Accounts:
Details regarding these plans may be obtained from www.probenefits.com
or the Treasurer’s Office. MRA and DCA accounts are available to active
participants. Under Under 2018 guidelines, the MRA limit is $2,650. The Dependent Care Account (daycare) maximum amount is $5,000.. These accounts are subject to the guidelines established by the IRS.
New: Amazing Pace Walkingspree mobile app
The Walkingspree mobile app has been updated with lots of new features! Now you can see:
- Your progress in a challenge
- Add your non tracker activity, ie. swimming to your account.
- Connect with Google Fit/Apple Health (access varies depending on your program).
Download the app from Google Play or the App Store.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Benefits
2017 Base Summary of Benefits
2017 Buy-Up Summary of Benefits
Life Insurance Benefits
BASIC Church-paid Benefit
SUPPLEMENTAL Life Insurance Option
Post-Retirement Insurance Policies History
See the Insurance Plan History document for an historical account of the policies affecting post-retirement insurance benefits.