The Race Equity & Justice Ministries Office is excited to announce that we’ve expanded our administrative capacity to deliver better intercultural competence awareness results.
Every District has agreed to provide 100 IDI assessments and debriefs for clergy and leaders in each District.
The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) is the premier cross-cultural assessment of intercultural competence used by thousands of individuals and organizations to build intercultural competence to achieve international and domestic diversity and inclusion goals and outcomes.
Follow these steps to sign up:
- Access the free IDI Assessment by contacting your District Superintendent and asking for a code.
- Once you’ve received the code, request your assessment at nccumc.org/rej/idi-request.
- After our office receives your request, you will receive an email with your username, password, and a link to the IDI assessment page within five business days.
- Visit and sign in to the IDI Assessment website. Fill in your name and email, and sign in with your username and password.
- Complete the IDI in a calm and distraction-free atmosphere. The assessment will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Please make sure you submit your assessment after you complete it. If not, it will stay active and not be able to be processed.
- You will receive an email from the IDI administrator within 7-10 days. During this period, regularly checking your inbox and spam folder is essential.
- Schedule a one-on-one debrief with your IDI administrator once you have received the email. The debrief will last about an hour.
- After your debrief, you will receive your assessment via email. This report provides insight into your intercultural competency and highlights areas that need improvement.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Race Equity & Justice Ministries office.