The Financial Discipleship Committee is here to promote effective financial discipleship in our churches, ministries, and individuals across the North Carolina Conference. This includes the promotion of qualities like good stewardship and extravagant generosity. We will be offering resources and ideas to conference churches as we live out our conference focus on “Generosity in All Seasons.”
Check out this article from the ‘Leading Ideas’ newsletter of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership: “People Want to Attend a Generous Church.”
The team is currently in the visioning process for other ways to promote effective financial discipleship in our churches, ministries, and individuals across our conference.
Other Stewardship Topic Resources
- Local Church — Environmental Stewardship Basics — With suggestions for minimum practices local churches can use for meetings
- Committees and Boards – How to become a paperless board with tips and online resources
- UMC’s — Green for Life — With stories of United Methodists making choices to care for the Earth
- National Council of Churches – Green Church Resources
- NC Interfaith Power & Light – Congregational Energy Efficiency
- God’s Renewed Creation – A Call To Hope and Action – a project by The Council of Bishops of The United Methodist Church with assessment tools and tips for reducing your congregation’s carbon footprint
Also, be sure to check the Treasurer’s Office section of this website for more information on church finances and stewardship.