Since its creation in 1955, United Methodist Foundation, Inc. has been committed to a stewardship ministry in the North Carolina Annual Conference designed to:
- Encourage and facilitate planned gifts in support of local churches, institutions, and special ministries of the United Methodist Church and to assist donors in placing their gifts
- Provide a socially responsible investment program for long-term and permanent funds of the North Carolina Annual Conference and of local churches, institutions, and ministries of the conference.
Increasingly, this work has involved supporting local church leaders in the area of financial stewardship. To this end, the Foundation offers the following stewardship services at no cost to the churches of Eastern North Carolina:
- Sermons concerning the Biblical concept of stewardship and faithful giving “Faithful Giving in Turbulent Times” – a stewardship presentation available to local churches on how to develop a year-round stewardship emphasis utilizing a set of “best practices” developed by the Lewis Center for Church Leadership at Wesley Theological Seminary
- Individualized consultations with the leadership of local churches regarding their current and future stewardship practices
- Instruction and support for offering the “New Consecration Sunday” program for stewardship emphasis.
For more information on these services, please email the United Methodist Foundation or call 919-836-0029. Read more about UMF at www.umfnc.org.