FAQ: Church Finances
- How can my church collect donations and offerings online?
- Can mileage from the parsonage or my pastor’s home to the church be reimbursed as business mileage?
- Is there a process where we could re-designate unused restricted funds to another purpose in our church?
- How does our church determine what mileage should be reimbursed for our pastor?
- Our church sold our parsonage and started giving our pastor a housing allowance instead. Can we use the money from the sale of the parsonage to pay the housing allowance?
- When is our church audit report due?
- What should our church include in the year-end statements we send to our donors?
- Do we need to have W-9 forms on file for all of our vendors?
- Is there a way our church can receive tithes and offerings from our members by credit card or electronic transfer?
- Does the Conference recommend certain accounting software for churches to use?
- Does my church need a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)?