FAQ – Search
Have a question?
Search the Treasurer’s Office website by using the box below, or browse our site using the categories and tags to find answers to the questions we are most frequently asked. We plan to continually add questions and answers to this site. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, please email our Help Desk so that we can help you directly.
Browse By Category
Browse By Tag1099 form 2013 address Advance Specials apportionments audit benefits calculation Charge Conference charitable contribution critical drivers CRSP deadline directory District Work Fund document management employee error message Financial Secretary high school income independent contractor insurance IRS Local Church Audit Guide moving Online Data Collection password payment pension print records remittances restricted funds retirement review statements statistical reports Table I Table II Table III taxes tithe UMPIP W-2
Most Recent FAQ
- I’ve heard I can apply to be exempt from self-employment tax as a minister. Does the NC Conference recommend this?
- When is our church audit report due?
- I don’t see a submit or send button when I am done filling out my reports. How do I finish sending my information to the Conference?
- What should our church include in the year-end statements we send to our donors?
- What are the dates for the Church-Wide Sunday Specials Offerings?
- Do we need to have W-9 forms on file for all of our vendors?
- How does my church determine whether to treat a worker as an employee versus independent contractor, thus receiving a W-2 or a 1099, respectively?
- Our treasurer prepares a monthly income statement and balance sheet. Is this considered enough review to meet the annual audit requirement?
- How do I distinguish between capital expenditures and repairs and maintenance when reporting on Table II?
- How do I enter a negative amount in the Fund Balance (Annual Audit) report?