- Annual Report: Submit an annual report after July 1 each year.
- Signatures: When you submit your annual report, your pastor and church council chair will receive an email inviting them to fill out a simple form as their electronic signature to affirm your continued role as a certified lay speaker. Be sure you are in communication with both so they anticipate this email.
Every Three Years:
- Advanced Course: Complete one advanced Lay Servant Ministries course (see complete list).
- Background Check: Pass a criminal background check.
- Interview: Have a conversation with your district director or district committee on Lay Servant Ministries; your district committee will then recommend you to the conference committee for re-certification.
- Final Approval: Be approved by the conference committee on Lay Servant Ministries.
If you have any questions, reach out to your district director of Lay Servant Ministries or contact Leah Wiebe-Smith, email@example.com, Director of Leadership Development and Christian Formation for the North Carolina