No one plans to have a crisis, but being prepared and knowing how to respond in the event of a crisis is essential.
Join us for a three-week workshop series to learn the skills you need to:
- provide an immediate response in crisis;
- develop successful strategies for pre-empting or managing a crisis;
- avoid critical mistakes that can cause long-term damage.
One registration gives you access to the full series. You can choose to attend one, two, or all three. All registrants will receive links to view all three recordings.
- Session 1: Crisis Planning and Strategic Response
- Session 2: Audiences and Messaging
- Session 3: Dealing with the News Media
These workshops are offered without charge thanks to United Methodist Communications and our UM Connection.
Effective Communication in Times of Crisis
Presented by the Center for Leadership Excellence
with Diane Degnan
Wednesdays, August 10, 17, and 24
1-2:30 PM ET
About Diane Degnan
Diane Degnan has more than 25 years of experience working in media and public relations and has trained and coached hundreds of persons to become skilled spokespersons. As Director of Public Relations at United Methodist Communications, Diane oversees the development and execution of public relations and social media strategies for The United Methodist Church. In addition, she works to create a voice for the church in the secular and religious media and helps church leaders surmount communication challenges and crises.