May 9-15, 2021 is Hurricane Preparedness Week. Here are a few resources to help you prepare for the upcoming hurricane season:
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance company for more information.
Create a disaster response plan for your church. Register for the Connecting Neighbors course (see below) for more information on preparing for disasters. Read the NC Conference Disaster Response Plan.
Learn how to respond and prepare for natural disasters through Connecting Neighbors and Early Response Team training. Sign up for an upcoming class or schedule a training for your church.
- Hurricane Guide (readync.org)
- Hurricanes (readync.org)
- Hurricanes and COVID-19 (cdc.gov)
- Hurricane Preparedness (redcross.org)
- Hurricanes (ready.gov)
- Hurricane Safety Tips (weather.gov)
- What to Do Before a Tropical Storm or Hurricane (weather.gov)
- Webinars for 3rd – 8th graders from the National Hurricane Center (nhc.noaa.gov)
- 2021 Hurricane Awareness Webinars (noaa.gov)
Visit our Preparation page for additional disaster preparation resources.