August 15, 2022
What does it mean to be Methodist? In a series of half-hour videos from leading Methodist scholars, Justo Gonzalez leads students through an exploration of the 18th-century Wesleyan revival in England and the growth of Methodism in the United States and around the world. Supplemental videos cover in more detail the rise of Methodism in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
This course explains what it means to be Methodist and will benefit both lifelong Methodists and those coming to Methodism from other traditions.
- John and Charles Wesley: The Early Years – Paul Chilcote
- Methodist Beginnings: 1725-1737 – Amy Oden
- Aldersgate and Its Results: 1738 – Steve Rankin
- Methodist History: 1739-1744 – Henry Knight
- Early Methodist Revival: 1740-1760 –Hoo-Jung Lee
- Methodism in Britain: 1760-1791 – Peter Forsaith
- The Legacy of Charles Wesley – S. T. Kimbrough
- American Methodism: 1740s-1860s – Douglas M. Strong
- African Methodism in Early America – Dennis C. Dickerson
- The Holiness Movement and Missions – Steven O’Malley
- Global Methodism – Robert Hunt
- Methodism and Social Holiness – Wendy Deichmann Edwards
2.0 CEUs are available.