The Center for Leadership Excellence presents a Day of Learning with Kay Kotan.
Are you tired of unproductive meetings that seem to go on forever? Does your church have more leadership positions than people to fill them? Do meetings occur without ever discussing how ministries align with the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ?
If this sounds like your church and you are looking for another way to lead your church more faithfully, more simply, and with greater impact, join us for this Day of Learning as we explore simplified, accountable structure.
Two Opportunities to Attend:
- Tuesday, October 27, in the Garner, NC (Dixon Chapel, NC Conference Building)
- Wednesday, October 28, in Washington, NC (First UMC, Washington)
- 9am-3pm (9am-9:30am is registration)
- Lunch included
- Registration: $50**
BRING YOUR TEAM! We learn best when we learn together. Plus, when you bring three or more from your church, receive 20% off your total registration. You must register by October 14 to receive this discount.
In this Day of Learning, you will learn:
- The leadership style of most churches and how effective they are;
- The difference of management and governance through leadership;
- Why many will not serve in the church structure today;
- How to meet less but be more effective and missionally focused;
- How to simplify the four administrative committee functions;
- How to offer permission-giving guidelines for day-to-day ministry to occur within safe boundaries;
- Why accountability must be part of leadership at all levels.
About Kay Kotan
Kay Kotan currently serves as the Director of The Center for Multiplying Disciples for the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church. Her responsibilities include congregational revitalization and new church starts.
Kotan has been serving conferences, churches, pastors, conferences, and judicatory leaders for the past decade. She is an enthusiastic and passionate presenter who challenges her workshop participates in both their thinking and their doing.
Kay is the author or co-author of multiple books, including Mission Possible: A Simple Structure for Missional Effectiveness, IMPACT!: Reclaiming the Call of Lay Ministry, Building Worship Bridges: Accelerating Neighborhood Connections through Worship, and Launching Leaders: Taking Leadership Development to New Heights.