Youth Service Fund (YSF) is the national United Methodist mission fund supported by youth. YSF is money raised BY Youth, spent BY Youth to benefit Youth.
For every dollar of YSF money raised, $.30 goes to the General Church Division on Ministries with Young People where youth from across the US determine grants given to ministries helping youth across the world.
The $.70 that remains in the NC Conference is used 1/3 for Conference youth ministry, 1/3 for In-Conference projects and 1/3 for Out-of-Conference Projects.
Our Youth Service Fund Task Force is made up of the Conference Youth Treasurer and one youth representative from each district (selected at ACS each summer) who determine how YSF monies from the NC Conference are spent. If you have any questions feel free to email Will Rouse, your Conference Youth Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Service Fund is delighted to announce the formal opening of applications for grants! Through the financial peaks and troughs of the last year, the Youth Service Fund is prepared to offer grants of up to $1,000 to missions that will directly make an impact on youth and build a foundation in Christ for the church members of tomorrow. The Youth Service Fund is a committee of youth leaders who create and sell merchandise in order to donate the profits to deserving causes that benefit youth. This merchandise was sold solely online last year which has had an impact on the date on which dates will be given this year. The members of the Youth Service Fund are passionate about serving other youth in these times of trouble and request that applications be sent in by March 5th, 2021. These grants will be distributed late March/early April. Thank you so very much for the support over the last year, and the Youth Service Fund hopes to continue the giving tradition!
For more information:
15 Ways to Support YSF
- Designate a special offering for YSF at your annual Youth Sunday worship service.
- Talk! Tell about your experiences, why you support YSF, and what YSF is!
- Sell paper plates of whipped cream for .50 cents each for a pie-in-the-face throw (or try wet sponges!).
- Hold sales of box lunches after church; chili after a cook-off; refreshments at church socials; Po-boy sandwiches; or baked goods on Sunday morning.
- Sponsor a game and pizza all-nighter for other youth groups; charge admission.
- Sponsor a walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon, rock-a-thon, rake-a-thon, etc. with pre-paid pledges.
- Take donations for babysitting, chores, parents’ night out.
- Host a themed dance, i.e. Rock-n-Roll, a family event (charge admission)
- Offer singing telegrams for Valentine’s Day.
- Charge admission to a dinner theatre or variety show.
- Challenge another youth group or district to see who raises the most money. The group raising the least amount has to do something special… silly… or crazy… that is agreed upon in advance.
- Cutest baby picture contest (vote with money)
- YSF Fishbowl for loose change
- Host a tournament i.e. volleyball game, softball, corn hole Sunday school classes or teams, could charge admission to watch games and offer concessions
- Do a bulletin board with envelopes with numbers on them (people get an envelope and donate how much the number is on the front i.e. #10=$10)