North Carolina Conference Supported
Global Missionaries, Deaconnesses/Home Missioners, and Individual Mission Volunteers
The following persons have been recommended by the North Carolina Conference Missions Team for Salary & Ministry Support:
- WIL BAILEY, San Isidro, Costa Rica (SEJ/Conference Missionary – IMV) (#S-00140) Wil will be responsible for working with local pastors in the southern zone of Costa Rica and will organize the projects at the Methodist churches in that area for U.S. work teams. Also will teach Theology, Bible and English at the extension campus of the Methodist seminary in San Isidro. Wil’s Web Site
- CHARLES BARROW, (#S-00274) Home Missioner Eastern NC Charles’ ministry is with “Food For Hungry Neighbors” which supplies surplus fresh produce to the local church food pantries, soup kitchens, and the food bank of eastern North Carolina. Some of the food is gleaned by different church groups. This ministry also addresses the importance of eating fresh vegetables for a healthy diet.
- BRIAN DUBBERLY, Salvadoran Mission Project (SEJ/Conference Missionary – IMV) (#S-00197) Brian works with the Methodist Church in El Salvador to improve the spiritual and physical lives of economically disadvantaged people living in El Salvador. He coordinates work teams to build and repair church buildings, build and staff medical clinics, provide food for the hungry, and build homes for people who do not have sufficient financial resources to obtain a home through any other program. Learn more→
- ELLYN DUBBERLY, El Salvador (#3021818) Ellyn is a GBGM missionary who has been assigned to work with the Evangelical Methodist Church of El Salvador in the Ahuachapan area of that country. She will be working to connect local social service support systems with the ministries of the Church so that women and children in particular can live and learn in a thriving environment.
- BUTCH HUFFMAN, (#S-00192) (SEJ/NC Conference Missionary – IMV) Butch is engaging, encouraging, resourcing congregations for mission work team participation. He works with churches to equip them with the “how-to’s” of doing local and foreign mission work teams. He can provide guidance or can lead the team if necessary.
- Priscilla Jaiah Gilayeneh (#13035Z) Liberia, Africa, Priscilla, missionary with the Board of Global Ministries, is the administrator of the Ganta Mission Station in Ganta, Liberia.
- DOUG JOHNSON, (#S-00250) NC Conference As an NCC Evangelist, Doug Johnson serves in Blessed2BlessU Ministries (B2BU), which shares the love of God in word and deed. B2BU’s goal is to encourage everyone to seek a clearer understanding of God’s design and a closer relationship with God through Christ Jesus by striving to live out the understanding that God blesses us so that we can bless others. Blessing others includes activities such as holding Revivals, Crusades, Tent Meetings; service on Mission Teams or in local ministries, and teaching others about the truth of God’s love. B2BU is not confined to the four walls of any church or religion but is eager to serve God at home
and abroad through preaching, teaching, and service
- MELBA McCALLUM, (#S-00195) Gateway District, NCC Salary support for Dr. McCallum, who serves as the Director of Partners in Ministry. She partners with youth, young adults, families, and the church to help build and mobilize capacity within the district through “hands-on” ministry. Learn more→
- NARA MELKONYAN, Armenia (See #3 under World Mission) Nara is Director of Project AGAPE.
- YUKO MILLER, (#S-00251) NC Conference Mission Volunteer Yuko is a determined Evangelist to the North Carolina Conference while also serving as a mission volunteer to Japan by bringing The United Methodist Church to Japan through annual visits unifying local churches there with an evangelistic-driven outreach to the lost. She preaches the Word of God, gives her testimony to the lost, and encourages by singing.
- Helen Roberts-Evans, Liberia, Africa (# 3021129)
Helen, a missionary of with GBGM, serves as director
of the Department of General Education and Ministry
of the United Methodist Church in Liberia. Her
work includes meeting needs in teacher training,
scholarships, new school construction, and school
building renovation and repair. Contact – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org