- This event has passed.
Effective Communication in Times of Crisis (Center for Leadership Excellence)
August 17 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
When your church has a crisis, how can you be ready? Join us for a three-week workshop series and learn the skills you need to provide an immediate response in a crisis, develop successful strategies for pre-empting or managing a crisis, and avoid critical mistakes that can cause long-term damage.
Register once and we will send you the link for all three Zoom sessions. All sessions will be recorded, and registrants will receive links to the recordings as soon as they are available.
Session 1 (August 10): Crisis Planning and Strategic Response
Participants will learn how to:
- create a crisis plan;
- develop effective strategies for use in managing a crisis;
- earn trust and build credibility.
Session 2 (August 17): Audiences and Messaging
In a crisis, you need to develop clear communication goals and key messages to support them. Participants will learn how to:
- communicate with a purpose;
- identify target audiences and create an effective communication strategy for each;
- get how-to’s for creating messages.
Session 3 (August 24): Dealing with the News Media
You will learn essential skills for dealing successfully with the news media during a crisis. Participants will learn how to:
- be prepared when reporters call and take control of media interviews;
- get desired quotes in news stories and reduce the chances of being misquoted or taken out-of-context;
- avoid pitfalls and handle hostile questioning.