We’d like to keep everyone up-to-date about the happenings across the NC Conference offices and committees, so we’ll be posting a roundup of all the major news at the end of every month.
Here’s an overview of NC Conference events and updates from the month of April.
- Episode 7 of “Grace for the Future” was released. The episode features Bishop Fairley, Rev. Jaye White, and Rev. Jim Savage.
- Clergy and laity across the Conference joined together to present a reading of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic 1967 speech, titled “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence.” Watch the video in the NC Conference app or on our website.
- The Health Team Committee shared two updates from their conversations with Disaster Medicine expert, Dr. Wes Wallace. Visit the Coronavirus Response page for more information.
- The Conference hosted a Bishop’s Day Apart on April 12. Watch the recording on our website or in the NC Conference app.
- Bishop Fairley shared a message for Easter Sunday. Read the daily Lenten Reflections on the March #BeUMC focus theme, Faithful.
- The #BeUMC focus theme for April was Jesus-seeking. Learn more about the campaign, watch new video testimonials, and share A Prayer for the Jesus-seeking People of God.
- Bishop Fairley and Conference Lay Leader, John Hall share a message of thanks to clergy and laity for their faithfulness, courage, and resiliency.
- View updates on hotels, ECU lodging, AC Kids, and the agenda on the AC 2022 website.
Center for Leadership Excellence
- The first session of the Moral Leadership in Public Life seminar with Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove was held on April 26.
- Recordings for four past events, previously accessible only to registrants and those who purchased access, were released. Visit the Center for Leadership Excellence event archive to watch other event recordings.
- View updates from the Conference Connectional Table Quarter 2 meeting.
Office of Clergy Life
- The Office of Clergy Life is partnering with the Cabinet and Connectional Ministries Staff to offer an Accelerated Integration Session this summer for Clergy & Congregations having a change in pastoral leadership.
- April launched the training of Facilitators who will support those choosing to participate in this new initiative. The Session is designed to lead a collective discernment, moving Christ-centered leaders towards God’s preferred future. More details will be coming at the May 15th Transition Seminar.
- Applications for Congregations for Children’s summer literacy program grant opened.
- Creation Care hosted a Redeeming Creation Conference on April 23.
- Disaster Ministries hosted a two-day training retreat at MERCI for 32 Disaster Response Committee members and Early Response Team leaders.
- Disaster Ministries shared ways to help support disaster response efforts in the Kentucky, Louisiana, and Western NC Conferences. Learn more about how you can help.
- The Healthy Ministry Team has designed an online check-in form for 2021 grant recipients.
- The Mission Team has voted on and approved the remaining 2022 Mission Seed Fund recipients.
Race, Equity, and Justice Ministries
- The Refugee & Immigration Committee is streamlining the process for individuals and organizations who wish to apply for funding. Learn how churches can request monetary assistance to assist refugees and immigrants.
- Applications for the “One Who is Loved” endowment opened. The application deadline is May 31, 2022.