United Methodist Communications
The Director of Public Relations/Information serves as an important link between the church and the news media, both religious and secular. We are seeking someone with a passion for the ministry of United Methodist Communications and The United Church, with a strong public relations and journalism background. Experience with crisis communications is required for this role. The successful candidate will be proficient at developing positive messages and comfortable representing The United Methodist Church in the local, regional, national and international media arenas and throughout the denomination at large. (Please open attachment for additional information.)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, and/or mass
- Five years of experience public relations and journalism/mass
- Excellent intrapersonal skills are required along with the ability to communicate confidently with a diverse group of clients and constituents.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must work in Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- A clear understanding of communication strategy development through polling and/or market research.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally.
- Knowledge of The United Methodist Church is required.
- This position will start in early 2023.
Please provide the following:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Samples
- Application Form * Attachment
- 2 work and 1 personal References
To Apply Contact:
P. O. Box 320, Nashville, TN 37202-0320 (or 810-12th Ave. S., Nash. TN 37203) Phone: 615-742-5412 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (Subject Line: Public Relations Position)
UMCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org