Website Harbor UMC
The Director of Ministry Development and Operations role encompasses three areas: Operations, Core Values, and Outreach. The Director works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor and acts as the Pastor’s liaison and representative with ministry leaders and standing committees. The Director will work within the approved organizational structure of Harbor Church, helping to strengthen essential ministry and missions, and assisting with emerging ministries as needed. The Director will develop and implement processes to optimize operational capabilities, strive to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. Being a strong supportive team member is essential.
1. Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Church Ministries or equivalent professional experience.
2. Experience in supervising and directing others.
1. Office & Volunteer management – ensuring the smooth operation of the church office; overseeing the church operations; obtain, train & direct office volunteers.
2. Act as liaison, representing the Lead Pastor with Trustees
3. Maintain the church calendar and monitor room usage,
4. Manage key assignments
5. Supervise custodians and inform them of church calendar.
6. Communicate with congregation and staff using church-wide emails, targeted e-mails website management, and social media (emails, Facebook, etc.).
7. Maintain church membership data base, consistently update member information, and work with Hospitality to connect visitors to the church.
8. Attend weekly Staff meetings and monthly Church Council
9. Assist with Charge Conference Reports and End-of-Year statistics.
1. Develop and support a Robust Hospitality team, with the goal of connecting guests to Harbor.
2. Building and maintaining a membership class system to move guests to members and members to fully engaged disciples.
3. Revitalize, oversee, and maintain the congregational care ministry to ensure that every member and regular attender has a personal connection to Harbor.
4. Act as the Lead Pastor’s representative to the Lay Leadership Committee, helping to identify and develop leaders throughout the year, ensuring all essential ministries have adequate leadership and resources necessary to continue their work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com