Dear United Methodist Congregational Scout Leader,
Your leadership and engagement with scouting is shaping and making a difference in the lives of young people. Thank you for your service. Thank you also for your patience during this season of strengthening and developing new resources for United Methodist congregations engagement in scouting, particularly a new relationship agreement formerly called a charter. We are happy to announce that the new agreements will be ready by June 30, 2022.
To help orient congregational scouting leaders, an information session has been planned to orient you to the new relationship agreement. If you are unable to attend this meeting, a video link, and FAQ will be made available to you following the meeting. Local BSA Council leadership is also being oriented to the new agreement and they will be receiving the same information you will receive.
Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. eastern time by Zoom. The meeting will be 75 minutes and will cover the following:
- The new relationship agreement. Every participant that registers will receive the new relationship agreement two days prior to the meeting by email.
- The legal protections for congregations in the new relationship agreement.
- The insurance purchased by BSA for congregations that enter into the relationship statement.
- How the new relationship agreement will be rolled out to congregations with scout troops.
- Questions and answers.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
Time: June 16, 2022 7:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: United Methodist and BSA Relationship Update
Please register for the meeting by clicking the link below. It is very important that you register so you will get the logon information:
If the link does not work, please copy and paste this address into the browser.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
With registration, you will get a copy of frequently asked questions and a link to the video recording.
If you need help, please contact Steven Scheid at email@example.com or (615) 620-7261.
Steven Scheid, Director
Center for Scouting Ministries | GCUMM
The United Methodist Church
Bishop John Schol, BSA/UMC Team Leader
Facilities Use Agreement Template
An example Facility Use Agreement you can use or modify for your local church.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Curious about how this applies to your church? Have an unanswered question?
Other articles and information related to The UMC and BSA.
- New era for church and Boy Scouts of America→
- BSA Bankruptcy Affects United Methodist Congregations→
- BSA bankruptcy concerns church leaders→
- Congregations Encouraged to Vote No on BSA Bankruptcy Plan→
- Churches advised to oppose BSA bankruptcy plan→
- United Methodists reach settlement in Boy Scouts’ bankruptcy case→
- $30 Million from United Methodists in BSA Bankruptcy→
- United Methodists Extend BSA Charters Through June 2022→