We’d like to keep everyone up-to-date about the happenings all across the NC Conference offices and committees, so we’ll be posting a roundup of all the major news at the end of every month.
Here’s an overview of NC Conference events and updates from the month of January.
- View tips on how to tell if an email is a phishing scam.
- The Conference announced the retirement of Mary Hartsell, Administrative Assistant to the District Superintendent.
- The Western NC and NC Conferences of The United Methodist Church announced the official launch of WelcomeToGC.org, an informational website dedicated to enhancing the General Conference experience for those serving and attending. Read the full press release and visit the website.
Center for Leadership Excellence
- Lay leaders and local church committee members attended a Conference-wide Leadership Training on January 7. Watch the recordings.
- Hosted a Day of Learning, “The Good News of Shipwreck: What Does Church Look Like Now?,” with Kenda Creasy Dean. View photos of the event.
- Registration opened for “Teaching So Kids Can Learn,” a webinar to help equip those who teach and disciple children.
- Congregations for Children encouraged churches to serve our public school children and educators through their local C4C partnerships.
- Disaster Ministries hosted a chainsaw safety course on January 20.
- Local church treasurers, finance committee members, and pastors gathered for a Treasurer training.
- View the 2024 IRS standard mileage rates.
- Registration opened for the Clergy Benefits Seminar.
- Nomination forms for Conference Committee positions opened. The application deadline is February 29.