Resources for Seminarians
Educational Requirements (including required courses, policy on distance learning and approved seminaries)
Ministerial Education Fund: Certified Candidates from the NC Conference are eligible to apply for Ministerial Education Funds. The following link provides guidelines for applicants: Instructions MEF Application 2022-23 apply for the scholarship, click here: MEF Application 2022-23. The application opens January 1, 2022, and the deadline to apply for the 2022-23 Academic year is March 24, 2022.
- MEF budget form may be downloaded here.
- Application also REQUIRES the submission of a manuscript of a sermon you have preached or devotional you have preached/shared.
- Applications that do not include the above will not be considered complete.
- Application Open: January 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2022
- Recommendation Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Notification of Selection Results: June – July 2022
- Funds Disbursed: August – September 2022
If you miss the March 24, 2022 deadline, you can still apply for Spring 2023 funds. You must complete the pdf application here: 2023 Spring MEF Application to be eligible. The deadline for this application is October 31, 2022.
Interested in having a clergy contact? Clergy members currently serving in the North Carolina Conference are available to serve as a contact, friend and/or mentor to individuals in seminary. If you would like to be paired with a clergy person from our conference, email Heidi Seifert.