Your journey through seminary can be both exhilarating and exhausting! We pray that the resources listed below will allow you to more easily navigate this time of learning.
Resources for Seminarians
Educational Requirements (including required courses, policy on distance learning and approved seminaries)
Ministerial Education Fund: Certified Candidates from the NC Conference are eligible to apply for Ministerial Education Funds. The following link provides guidelines for applicants: Instructions MEF Application 2022-23 apply for the scholarship, click here: MEF Application 2022-23. The application opens January 1, 2022, and the deadline to apply for the 2022-23 Academic year is March 24, 2022.
- MEF budget form may be downloaded here.
- Application also REQUIRES the submission of a manuscript of a sermon you have preached or devotional you have preached/shared.
- Applications that do not include the above will not be considered complete.
- Application Open: January 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2022
- Recommendation Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Notification of Selection Results: June – July 2022
- Funds Disbursed: August – September 2022
If you miss the March 24, 2022 deadline, you can still apply for Spring 2023 funds. You must complete the pdf application here: 2023 Spring MEF Application to be eligible. The deadline for this application is October 31, 2022.
Interested in having a clergy contact? Clergy members currently serving in the North Carolina Conference are available to serve as a contact, friend and/or mentor to individuals in seminary. If you would like to be paired with a clergy person from our conference, email Heidi Seifert.