As the new year begins and we enter a new season in the North Carolina Conference, Bishop Connie Mitchell Shelton will be holding gatherings in all eight districts. These events will provide an opportunity to get to know Bishop Shelton as she begins serving as our new episcopal leader.
The dates for all of the gatherings have been confirmed, but the locations are being finalized. You are welcome to attend a gathering in another district if you are unable to attend your district gathering on the date scheduled.
Clergy will meet at 2 pm, and laity will meet at 7 pm.
- Harbor District – January 23, Wesley Memorial UMC (1401 College Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403)
- Heritage District – January 26, First UMC – Rocky Mount (100 S Church St, Rocky Mount NC 27804-5701)
- Beacon District – February 6, Edenton UMC (225 Virginia Rd, Edenton NC 27932-9668)
- Corridor District – February 9, Mebane UMC (200 S Fourth St, Mebane NC 27302-2642)
- Sound District – February 13, Centenary UMC (309 New St, New Bern, NC 28560)
- Fairway District – February 16, St. Luke UMC (2916 Wicker St, Sanford, NC 27330)
- Gateway District – February 20, First UMC – Laurinburg (101 W Church St, Laurinburg, NC 28352)
- Capital District – February 23, Garner UMC (201 Methodist Dr, Garner NC 27529-5420)
We look forward to these opportunities to get to know Bishop Shelton and look forward to her life and ministry among the people of the North Carolina Conference!