The Information Technology (IT) Office is pleased to announce an upcoming technology webinar series hosted over the Google+ Hangout system. We will be covering a variety of topics related to technology and using the Gmail, Hangouts and Drive systems.
The webinars will be held live online using the Google+ Hangouts system. You can watch the event from anywhere you have access to the Internet. Anyone who has a general interest in these topics may attend but they will be geared towards the clergy in the NC Conference. Video of the live training event will be available online after the event has ended. You can check back on the IT Office website for links to the video once it has been archived.
Information on each session is listed below:
Technology 101 Webinar - April 15th, 2013 – 10 AM – Noon
Google+ Event link: https://plus.google.com/u/1/events/c4gm8tfeh0kf7pbdo1hmv1dqc48
Are you confused by technology jargon? Do you know what the differences are between texting, tweeting, teleconferencing, chatting, Facebook message, etc.? This online webinar will focus on the basics of technology (hardware, social networking, e-mail, etc.) and how they are commonly used today. If you have always wondered what the differences between Facebook and Twitter are then this class is for you!
We will start with a broad overview of computer hardware, social networking websites and how they are being used across the Conference. We will then move into the Gmail system so that you can better learn how to do the following:
- How to set up a free Google e-mail account
- How to log into your Google e-mail account from any online computer
- How to open an e-mail
- How to reply to an e-mail
- How to forward an e-mail
- How to draft an e-mail
- How to address e-mails
- How to log onto the conference and district web sites
- How to navigate the conference and district web sites
- How to “subscribe” to get automatic updates from your District web site
- How “Google Hangouts” works (it’s a teleconferencing program)
- How to log into Google Hangouts
- How to start a Google Hangout
- How to respond to a Google Hangout invitation
Introduction To Gmail Webinar - April 16th, 2013 – 10 AM – Noon
Google+ Event link: https://plus.google.com/u/1/events/cmpvke63jmccs3mg5kid4sa52k0
Did you know that if you are a pastor in the North Carolina Conference then you have access to a free nccumc.org e-mail account? Did you also know that it is based on the free Google Gmail.com system? This online webinar will focus on the following:
- The basics of using your free e-mail account.
- Why the Conference uses this account as the primary means of communication with all of our pastors.
- Why it is important for you to use your Conference e-mail account.
- Setting up and accessing your free account.
- Navigating the Gmail screen
- Sending and Receiving E-mail
- Categorizing your e-mail using labels and filters.
- Online Chat & one on one video conferencing
- Profile Pictures, E-mail signature and Vacation responder (out of office assistant)
Managing A High Volume Mailbox Webinar - April 17th, 2013 – 10 AM – Noon
Google+ Event link: https://plus.google.com/u/1/events/co6k2ltnchsujei0h2n8cd27bi8
Do you receive a lot of e-mail? Do you receive messages from the Conference Office, the District Office, members of your church, family and friends? How do you keep up with all of it? This webinar will focus on how to use the built in tools available in your free Conference e-mail account to manage e-mail from all over the place. We will focus on the following:
- A quick overview of the Gmail interface.
- Conversation View
- Archive vs. Deleting
- How to mark messages as Important or Starred.
- Labels and Filters
- How to hide little used labels in your Inbox.
- Priority Inbox
Collaborating Online With Google Hangouts and Drive Webinar - April 18th, 2013 – 10 AM – Noon
Google+ Event link: https://plus.google.com/u/1/events/ck34fggbngpjm1uirkc9vmej2ss
What’s all of this online meeting stuff about anyway? Have you ever been driving to a meeting and wished there was a way to do it remotely? The Google Hangout system is a powerful way to bring participants together no matter where they might be. All they need is an internet connection, a camera and a microphone. The Google Drive system allows you to set up online documents for group collaboration. Everyone can see the same spreadsheet and modify it all from their remote location. This webinar will focus on:
- Setting up the Google+ system.
- What are circles? How do I find the people I am looking for?
- Setting up, using and joining Google Hangouts.
- Introduction to Google Drive.
- Creating documents and spreadsheets.
- How to share and edit a document collaboratively.