We’d like to keep everyone up-to-date about the happenings all across the NC Conference offices and committees, so we’ll be posting a roundup of all the major news at the end of every month.
Here’s an overview of NC Conference events and updates from the month of October.
- October was Clergy Appreciation Month, and we are incredibly thankful for the clergy across our connection for their dedication and commitment to serving others. View some helpful clergy care resources.
- Bishop Shelton shared a new resource from the Duke Clergy Health Initiative called “Keeping the Faith: Conversations to Strengthen the Bond Between Pastors and Church Leaders.” Watch the video to learn more.
- Wrightsboro United Methodist Church shared how they express God’s love through their food pantry ministry. Watch “Feeding the Community with Love.”
- Lay and clergy members from local United Methodist churches in eastern North Carolina met virtually on Saturday, October 7, for a Special Called Session of Annual Conference to ratify disaffiliation agreements of 18 churches. Read the full release.
- View resources for the Christ-Centered People of God.
- View four new books from NC United Methodists.
New Faith Communities
- Read the latest New Room Society newsletter.
- Church planters, innovators, pastors, laity, District Superintendents, and those discerning a call to plant churches gathered for a Common Learning Day on October 24 and 25.
Office of Clergy Life
- Clergy gathered at Rockfish Camp and Retreat Center for Clergy Fun Day on October 12.
- Congregations for Children announced the recipients of the 2023-24 After-School Program Grants.
- October was Fire Prevention Month. Disaster Ministries shared resources to help prepare your home.
- Applications for 2024 Mission Seed Funds closed.
- NC Conference UMVIM shared an update on recent travel cautions issued by the US Department of State.
- Disaster Ministries hosted Early Response Team and Connecting Neighbors Training.
- Wespath hosted a webinar series to help participants prepare for Annual Election Period in November.
- Watch a recorded informational session discussing trends in church property insurance.
- Read the October Youth Ministries Update.