As the trends are improving and we are beginning to see our way out of the pandemic, we recognize that it has been and may continue to be an incredibly difficult ministry season. Faith leaders may be feeling the threat of burnout.
Many, maybe you, have found this journey through the pandemic to be lonely and stress-filled. Your church members and community have looked to you to help them navigate great pain, anxiety, anger, fear, disappointment, discouragement, grief, and loss. But how have you been holding up? Where have you been able to find support, renewal, and respite in this pandemic wilderness?
Did You Know?
The conference and denomination have provided resources for pastors through free telehealth for those on the conference insurance plan, counseling and consultation services, Wespath’s First Aid for Mental Health programs, and free webinars from the Center for Leadership Excellence on trauma, anxiety, grief, and preaching.
We’ve Got Your Back
There are persons ready and willing to come to your church on a Sunday to give you a much-needed break. Find them at the following:
- Certified Lay Speakers
- Retirees and Associates: contact Heidi Seifert (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Clergy Life
- Camp & Retreat Ministries Directors: contact Dail Ballard (email@example.com) for more information.
It’s Okay To Get Away
There are opportunities for you to retreat, rest and renew within our conference at:
- Camp Chestnut Ridge – The Wardlaw Cabin: $35/night
- Camp Don Lee – The Wardlaw Cabin: $35/night
- Camp Rockfish – Bergland Adult Retreat Center: 3 free nights per calendar year, $35/additional night
- Cedar Cross Retreat Center
- Duke Divinity School Leave for Ministry Professionals
- Sabbath Life/Life Around the Table
- The Trinity Center – The Pelican House
And also outside of our conference at:
- Hinton Rural Life Center
- Lake Junaluska Conference & Retreat Center (Recharge & Renew Package)
- St. Francis Springs Prayer Center
- The Davidson Centre
A Retreat Task Force is currently working to develop other opportunities. Look for more information coming in the fall.
Remember – Help Is Available
We Appreciate You!
We thank you for all you have done during these times of anxiety, grief, and discouragement – for your faithfulness, courage, and resiliency. We strongly encourage you to take time for your own physical and mental well-being so you can continue to be the dynamic, loving, and creative leader God is calling you to be.