2020 Youth Event Dates – Please mark your calendars for next year’s event dates listed below:
Global Vision: March 10-15, 2020; https://nccumc.org/youth/events/global-vision/
Kaleidoscope: March 27-29, 2020; https://nccumc.org/youth/events/kaleidoscope/
Breakaway: June 22-27, 2020; https://nccumc.org/youth/events/breakaway/
ACS (Annual Conference Session for students): July 20-25, 2020 https://nccumc.org/youth/events/acs/
CYC Retreat: August 14-16, 2020; https://nccumc.org/youth/events/cyc-retreat-2/
Pilgrimage: November 13-15, 2020
2019-2020 Conference Youth Officers:
President: Cooper Sykes (Fairway District)
Vice President: Madeline Gibson (Harbor District)
Secretary: Emily Lain (Harbor District)
Treasurer: Becca McCartney (Gateway District)
Legislative Affairs Person: Freya Dahlgren (Harbor District)
For questions about any of these youth events, please contact the Conference Office at 800.849.4433 or 919.779.6115
Other Opportunities for Youth Involvement
- Camp Chestnut Ridge offers one week programs for high school youth, as well as a two week Leaders in Training program.
- Duke Youth Academy provides opportunity for a class through worship, study, play, and service with Duke Divinity School faculty.
- Lake Junaluska Summer and Winter Youth Events provide youth groups experiences in worship, spiritual growth, adventure, and mission in the NC mountains.
- Leader-in-Training at Camp Don Lee offers a four-week intensive leadership development program for older youth.
- NC Wesleyan College Youth Theological Institute is a transformational experience that provides time, place and tools to discern God’s calling upon your life.
- Pfeiffer Youth Theological Institute a/k/a YeTI is a two week summer experience for rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who want to lead, who want to serve, who want to learn more about God’s call on their lives.
- The Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry is an event housed at Princeton Theological Seminary for Christian leaders who minister to youth and young people.