The staff application for the 2017 Conference Youth Events is open!
If you are interested in staffing these events please note the following:
- Pay close attention to the dates of each event that you are considering and make sure they fit into your calendar of commitments.
- Once you have applied, you will be contacted by the Overall Dean(s) of each event after the staff application deadline for that event has passed.
Here are the details:
There will be eight Youth Events fully staffed by adult volunteers. There are event descriptions available at:
As the design teams prepare to select the staff needed for each event, and following the Safe Sanctuary Guidelines we ask you to please note the following things:
1) Young Adult Staff: If you are 2 years post high school graduation you are eligible to work with Middle School Youth at Kaleidoscope and Breakaway. If you are 3 years or more post high school graduation you are additionally eligible to staff all other events.
2) ALL STAFF need a recommendation from their pastor on file, or in the case of clergy their District Superintendent.
3) ALL STAFF are required by the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church to have a background check completed and on file with the Conference Youth Ministry. Background checks are valid for two years. If you are new staffer or need an up-to-date check you will be emailed the appropriate forms for completion by a Conference Staff person.
There is one application for all eight Events and can be found at:
Please fill out the application, indicating which of these Events that you are willing to staff. Please note that you will hear from the Overall Deans of the Events you apply to staff after the staff application deadlines listed in the descriptions.
For questions please contact Suzanne Cobb, Chair of the Conference Council of Youth Ministry at email@example.com