It’s not too late to apply to staff the 2017 Summer Conference Youth Events!
If you are interested in staffing a summer event, please note the following:
- Pay close attention to the dates of each event that you are considering and make sure they fit into your calendar of commitments.
- Once you have applied, you will be contacted by the Overall Dean(s) of each event soon!
Here are the details:
The two summer Youth Events are Breakaway and ACS and they are fully staffed by adult volunteers. There are event descriptions available at:
These are our Safe Sanctuary Guidelines and we ask you to please note:
1) Young Adult Staff: If you are 2 years post high school graduation you are eligible to work with Middle School Youth at Breakaway. If you are 3 years or more post high school graduation you are additionally eligible to staff both events.
2) ALL STAFF need a recommendation from their pastor on file, or in the case of clergy their District Superintendent.
3) ALL STAFF are required by the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church to have a background check completed and on file with the Conference Youth Ministry. Background checks are valid for two years. If you are new staffer or need an up-to-date check you will be emailed the appropriate forms for completion by a Conference Staff person.
There is one application for all of the Youth Events and can be found at:
Please fill out the application, indicating which of these Events that you are willing to staff. Again, please note that you will hear from the Overall Deans of the Events you apply to staff in the near future
For questions please contact Suzanne Cobb, Chair of the Conference Council of Youth Ministry at email@example.com