The 2012 Southeastern Jurisdictional (SEJ) Conference is scheduled to be held at the Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center in Western North Carolina.
The conference will officially open on Wednesday, July 18, with worship at 9am. The newly elected Bishops will be consecrated on Friday, July 20, at 10am.
A Jurisdictional Conference happens every 4 years primarily to elect Bishops. The conference also has the powers and duties:
- To promote the evangelistic, educational, missionary and benevolent interests of the church and to provide for interests and institutions within their boundaries;
- To establish and constitute jurisdictional conference boards as auxiliaries to the general boards of the church;
- To determine the boundaries of Annual Conferences;
- To make rules and regulations for the administration of the church’s work within the Jurisdiction;
- To appoint a committee on appeals.
Read about the 2012 SEJ Conference below or on the 2012 Conference website.