July 16 – 21 Western NCC & NCC Mission Partnership
The purpose of this mission trip is to work with the Puerto Rico Methodist Church for relationship development through the rebuilding of homes and churches. We will seek to offer ourselves sacrificially under the direction of UMVIM and the local church. With the participants of this trip, we hope they will consider being future leaders of trips at least quarterly but preferably one trip every other month. Please consider those in your church who understand ministry with and not, ministry to or for.
Cost of trip is approximately $850.00:
$375.00 – This covers: Housing, food, van rental and gas, translator
Airfare will depend on booking date.
*Building Materials Covered by UMVIM Grants*
Project: Determined by the skills and gifts of each participant. UMVIM will assign.
- Depending on the assignment and group size, the group will be staying at a Retreat Camp or a local church
- There will be bunks at the retreat sites with twin mattresses. Please bring appropriate linens.
- There is no internet or Wi-Fi available in any of the camps.
- Teams staying at a local church will sleep in the sanctuary either on pews or on the floor. Please bring a small air mattress or crash pad, sleeping bag – depending on your needs. UMVIM will let us know if we need these items.
- The kitchen will provide 3 meals and a snack for the group.
- Meals are not made to order, there can be no changes in the menu or special order – except for medical concerns.
- If a volunteer requires a special diet because of a medical condition, please request it at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival thru your team leader. All team members must eat together.
- If desired, a team may eat at a local restaurant if one is available at their own expense. These arrangements must be made ahead of time with the Volunteer or Site Coordinator.
Contact Jaye White no later than Friday, June 1: email@example.com 919-779-6115 ext. 249
There are two other UMVIM teams going to work in Puerto Rico this year.