Rural church nominations for consideration of the Key Taylor Award are needed by May 18, 2018. Congregations can nominate themselves. For 2018, $1600 will be awarded. The award, sponsored through the United Methodist Foundation, is to call attention to the mission work of all rural churches by honoring the specific achievements of one rural church. To nominate a church, respond via email in narrative form on one page to the criteria below by May 18, 2018 to Kathy Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Office of Outreach Ministries.
Include the names of the church and district.
- The church is in a community of less than 1,500 people.
- The church has 250 members or less.
- The church is significantly involved in community mission.
- The church shows faithfulness in its stewardship of the mission and service commitments (apportionments) and supports Advance Specials.
- The church displays commitment towards growth in ministry and perseverance toward accomplishing their vision of ministry.