Souper Bowl of Caring
Get In the Game on February 5!
As you prepare for the Super Bowl, it is also time for the Souper Bowl of Caring, when youth across the nation working to fight hunger and poverty in their own communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game.
Every dollar you raise for Society of St. Andrew will put 42 servings of healthy, nourishing food on the plates of children, women, and men at greatest risk for hunger in this country.
Here’s what to do:
1. Register your group on SouperBowl.org. (They have some great planning and worship resources as well as promotional materials—all free!)
2. Select Society of St. Andrew as your charity. Plan your event for Superbowl Sunday or the week(s) leading up to the Superbowl.
3. On the day of the Superbowl, host your event. Raise money to feed hungry people. Here are some suggestions:
- Host a soup lunch or chili cook-off
- Encourage a friendly competition among age groups
- Pass the soup pot or helmet to collect donations
- Make homemade soup with ingredients donated by young people
- Ask local businesses to match your collection efforts
- Sell sub sandwiches or other game-day foods
- Pass a soup pot or helmet for each team playing in the Superbowl. Invite people to give to the team they’re rooting for
- Hold a Superbowl watching party
4. Report the total raised to firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-358-SOUP.
5. Report back to your congregation, civic group, or school. Let them know what their Souper Bowl of Caring donations will do through Society of St. Andrew.
6. Send a check for the amount you’ve raised to Society of St. Andrew: 3383 Sweet Hollow Road, Big Island, VA 24526. On the memo line, note “Souper Bowl of Caring.”
Which team will win the Superbowl in 2017? The team that’s feeding hungry people through the Souper Bowl of Caring—and all of the people who receive healthy food because YOU gave to Society of St. Andrew.
Sign up here: http://endhunger.org/souper/