Early Response Teams (ERTs) are needed! Mold is quickly growing in these water-drenched dwellings. To volunteer at any of the sites listed below (ERT or non-ERT opportunities), please call the NC Conference Disaster Call Center (888.440.9167) to sign up, make plans for accommodations if needed, and to access the latest contact information.
Work Sites Needing ERT Volunteers:
- Robeson County
- Dare County (Frisco, Hatteras, Buxton)
- Bertie County
- Harbor District (day teams only)
- Heritage District (day teams only)
- Cumberland County (currently ON HOLD)
Need ERT Training?
Sign up for one of these dates currently offered:
- Saturday, Nov 5, Hayes Barton UMC, Raleigh, NC (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Saturday, Nov 12, Battleboro UMC, Battleboro, NC (8:30 am– 5:00 pm)
- Saturday, Nov 19, St. Andrews UMC, Fayetteville, NC (8:30 am– 5:00 pm)
Work Sites Needing Non-ERT Volunteers
- Robeson Church & Community Center, Lumberton (This group is charged by the local government to be the main distributor of clothing for hurricane victims. Many donated clothes need to be sorted and distributed.)
- MERCI Center, Goldsboro (open Thursday & Saturday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Warehouse, Fairmont
- Shelter at Whiteville Academy
Want to Donate Flood Buckets?
If your church or community group put together flood buckets, collection sites are at churches throughout the NC Conference.
Want to Basic Need Items?
Items requested: water, non-perishable food (open & eat), snacks, baby items (food, diapers, formula, wipes), adult incontinence supplies, feminine products, bedding (sheets, pillows, blankets), 1 small fork lift for Fairmont warehouse
- Waterproof items: Collected at the Fairmont warehouse (1200 S. Main Street). Please contact Kelly Barr (910.610.3690, firstname.lastname@example.org) before bringing items. Hours of operation are typically Monday-Saturday, 8:00 am until…)
- Non-waterproof items: Collected at Robeson Church & Community Center (1401 Starlite Drive, Lumberton). Contact person is Bridget Bass @ email@example.com.