After a blitz tour of NC and several other states in May 2014, newly commissioned missionary Quynh-Hoa Nguyen (Advance #3021965) began mission service in her native Vietnam. Launched by Global Ministries in 2002, the United Methodist Mission in Vietnam has over 250 churches and 13,000 members and is one of the UMC’s fastest growing mission initiatives. As Director of Leadership Development for the Vietnam Mission, Quynh (“Quinn”) helps train lay and pastoral leaders at the Wesley Theological College in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
Quynh-Hoa Nguyen writes: “I still remember the warm welcome and generous hospitality that I received….I returned knowing that I was walking into the mission fields of my homeland with your blessings, prayers, and support. Thank you for walking with me the journey in God’s mission.”
- Quynh-Hoa Nguyen ‘s most recent newsletter: August 2014 Newsletter
- Article from Virginia Conference: Missionary talks about her homeland
- Wesley Theological College read Vietnam: Building Future Leaders
Prayer Requests for the United Methodist Mission in Vietnam:
- Pray for the students in training at Wesley Theological College this fall and for local pastors as they face many hardships and challenges in their ministries.
- Pray for the United Methodist Church in Vietnam to be recognized by the government.