Update: Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, the Live Stream of the AC Briefing Sessions was unable to be seen. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please check the Video Room (or see the video above) for an archived version of Session 1. Instead of a live Q&A session, a Frequently Asked Questions document will be available online. Please continue to send any questions and comments you have to email@example.com. We will respond to your question and also add it to the FAQ document.
An Annual Conference Briefing Session for lay and clergy members will be held Sunday, May 22, 3-5 p.m. The session will be a video presentation that will be streamed online so it can be watched on computers connected to the Internet.
Some districts will have a central location where persons can go and view the presentations. At the publication deadline some districts had selected a site and some decided to not hold a meeting at one location. Check with the district office or this post for any changes.
- Burlington: Davis Street UMC, 606 East Davis Street, Burlington
- Durham: UMC Building, 700 Waterfield Ridge Place, Garner
- Greenville: Sharon UMC, 4061 Sharon Church Road, Kinston
- Fayetteville: Haymount UMC, 1700 Fort Bragg Road, Fayetteville
- New Bern: Ann Street UMC Fellowship Hall, 500 Ann Street, Beaufort
- Raleigh: UMC Building, 700 Waterfield Ridge Place, Garner
- Rockingham: First UMC, 410 East Washington Street, Rockingham
- Rocky Mount:
- Sandy Cross UMC, 3725 Sandy Cross Road, Nashville
- Weaver’s Chapel UMC, 2209 Weavers Chapel Road, Littleton
- Sanford: St. Luke UMC, 2916 Wicker Street, Sanford
- Wilmington: Pine Valley UMC, 3788 Shipyard Blvd., Wilmington
Instructions on accessing the stream will be posted on the Conference website several days before the event. A test stream should be available before the 3 p.m. start.
The presentation will have two parts. The first part will cover items requiring votes, such as the budget, resolutions, and elections of delegates to General and Jurisdicational Conferences. It will also include information on the new electronic voting procedure. The second session will be a live question and answer session with conference officials responding to questions sent by e-mail.
A working agenda of Annual Conference, June 15-18 and related information about the conference is on the Conference Secretary’s section of the website. Reports and items requiring a vote will be on the website. To reduce the cost of the conference, printed handouts of these materials will not be distributed.