CareNet East invites you to attend “What Keeps You Awake at Night? Sane Living in a Stressed Out World,” An Interfaith Clergy Enrichment Conference, featuring Rev. Dr. Paul M. Mullen, PhD, LPC, on 16 February 2010, 9:00 A.M. to Noon.
St. James United Methodist Church
2000 East Sixth Street
What you can expect to learn:
- Understanding for cumulative nature of stress
- Realizing that stress effects one emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually
- Honoring the Pastor’s Sabbath
- Being emotionally honest with self, others and God
- Heightening spiritual receptivity
- Practicing and benefiting from meditative prayer
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Balancing pastoral calling with family life
- Incorporating congregations in clergy and family support
Dr. Paul Mullen is a talented and passionate speaker for the care of clergy and congregations in his work as Director of Church and Community Relations for Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC. His present position plus past experiences as a church pastor and as a manager of chaplaincy services make him uniquely qualified to aid pastors in good self-care and improved congregational care.
Please call CareNet East at 252.355.2801 or email email@example.com to let us know that you will be attending the workshop. As a part of our 10-year anniversary celebration and as a thank-you to pastors, this conference is free of charge.