The Crossroads Team, Racial Equity and Justice Ministries, and the Center for Leadership Excellence have partnered to present Crossroads 2020: Prophetic Living in a Broken World.
As Christians and leaders, we stand daily at the crossroads of the world as it is, and the world as God intends. And as the Church, we have a responsibility to love our brothers and sisters in Christ as Christ so loved us. This commitment of Christian love is offered to everyone during Holy Baptism and extended through Holy Communion and other means of grace, including Christian conversation. Truly loving each other in the context of this Crossroads series means learning about the struggles and historical challenges our brothers and sisters of color face.
Crossroads is an opportunity to coalesce the two worlds—as it is and as God intends—through better understanding and awareness. Our Crossroads 2020 series will highlight four different ethnic groups, the history of racism and exclusionary policy each group has experienced in the United States, and how racism is currently manifested and experienced by the groups. We hope that opening up our minds to how others experience the world will move us closer to who God needs us to be, as prophetic voices in this broken world.
Schedule of Webinars:
- Oct 12, 11am: Dr. Robert Chao Romero, UCLA (Hispanic/Latino)
- Oct 19, 11am: Rev. Dr. Michael Battle, General Theological Seminary (African American)
- Oct 26, 11am: Dr. Malinda Lowery, UNC-CH (Native American)
- Nov 2, 11am: Dr. Sangwoo Kim, Duke Divinity (Asian)
- Nov 9, 11am: Michael Burns, Minneapolis St. Paul Church of Christ (Wrap Up and Church’s Call to Respond)
Registration is free. When you register, you will have the opportunity to choose which webinars you will attend. We’d love to have you for all five!