The Office of Ministerial Relations works in the areas of calling, equipping and sustaining servant leaders in the North Carolina Conference. This includes:
- Nurturing those who are discerning a call to ministry. Visit thecallnc.org to learn more.
- Supporting those who are navigating the candidacy process. This includes administering the credentialing process for persons seeking ordination and professional certification. Personnel files for clergy, diaconal ministers and certified lay professionals in the North Carolina Conference are kept in this office.
- Providing support for the North Carolina Conference Board of Ordained Ministry, which works in the areas of call, development and support of clergy, diaconal ministers and certified lay professionals
- Providing support for district committees on ordained ministry to assist them in their work with candidates and local pastors
- Sustaining and encouraging the ministry of servant leaders in our Conference. This includes providing resources for continuing education and financial aid for seminary students.
The Reverend Timothy J. Russell
Assistant to the Bishop, Director of Ministerial Relations
The Reverend Amie Stewart
Associate Director of Ministerial Relations
Executive Administrative Assistant