The NCCUMC Media Center is open to anyone involved in a United Methodist Church in the North Carolina Conference. Most of our resources are for use with small groups, but we also offer many books, videos, and other resources for individual study and leadership training.
Our entire collection is posted online in the catalog or you may browse the shelves at the Media Center at the United Methodist Building in Garner. The Media Center is open when the building is open, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. The librarian is on duty Tuesday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Appointments are recommended to guarantee librarian availability. When the librarian is not available, resources can be borrowed by using the self-checkout station and returns can be left on the librarian’s desk.
Please observe the following policies when borrowing resources from the Media Center:
- All churches in the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church may borrow resources from the Media Center free of charge. There is no membership fee.
- Other churches in the NC Conference depend upon your prompt return of materials. Please return resources as soon as you are done using them, or contact the Media Center if you need an extended due date.
- Flexible due dates are given to better serve you, but requests are filled in the order in which they are received. Some due dates cannot be extended because the item has been requested by another church.
- Multiple participant books for small group studies are not usually available from the Media Center, but many of them can be purchased from Cokesbury or another retailer. One participant book for the leader’s reference will be loaned with most of our studies.
- All resources are mailed through the U.S. Postal Service using the Library Mail rate. WE pay the postage to send items to you; YOU pay the return postage. Requests received and processed before 9:45am on business days will be mailed the same day. Most mailings arrive at their destination in 1-3 days. Expedited shipping is not available.
- Requests for resources can be made through the reservations feature in the online catalog, email, online request form, phone, online chat (see pop-up window on the right side of the page), and in person. See the Contact Us page for more information.