On the home page, you will see two tabs at the top of the page, Home and Search.
These tabs are visible on every page. The Home tab will return you to the home page. Hover over the Home tab to reveal a pop‐up menu, the same menu displayed horizontally underneath the Home tab on the home page:
Most of these links will take you to full pages for each of the boxes shown on the OPALS Home page.
- New Items – new resources added in the last 6-12 months.
- News – links to the OPALS user guide, video tutorial, and forms to request a user account or resource.
- Library Hours – hours the Media Center is open.
- Web Links – links to the Media Center and NC Conference websites, as well as our list of free online resources.
- Pathfinders – lists of resources focused on a particular subject.
- Reader Review – recent reviews by other users.
- Reserve Shelf – this function is not used by the Media Center.
- Featured – Genre Collections – a new feature that gathers together lists of resources in a given genre.
Visit the Searching the Catalog page for detailed instructions on how to use the Search feature.