Deaconess and Home Missioner Virtual Discernment Event (United Women in Faith)
December 3 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The Office of Deaconess and Home Missioner invites those who are discerning a call to ministry to attend a virtual discernment event taking place on Saturday, December 3, 2022.
Register here: http://tinyurl.com/dhmdecember2022
This event is for laity in the United Methodist Church who feel called to full-time vocational ministries in diverse contexts.
Qualifications for the Office of Deaconess and Home Missioner:
• A call from God to lifetime, full-time mission-oriented service as part of the lay diaconate.
• Membership in The United Methodist Church.
• The professional training, education, and/or certifications for the ministry to which one is called.
During this two-hour event, you will learn more about the deaconess / home missioner relationship and ministry contexts, hear how deaconesses and home missioners fit into the structure of the UMC, what the application and candidacy process involve, and next steps if you are interested in pursuing the deaconess / home missioner relationship.
Deaconesses and home missioners function through diverse forms of service directed toward the world to make Jesus Christ known in the fullness of his ministry and mission, which mandate that his followers:
• Alleviate suffering
• Eradicate causes of injustice and all that robs life of dignity and worth
• Facilitate the development of full human potential
• Share in the building of global community through the church universal
Is this the call for you?
To learn more, attend our virtual discernment event on Saturday, December 3, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.