A change in clergy leadership is a significant time in a church. The North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church transition seminars help equip and prepare clergy and congregations for changes in appointed clergy. All clergy anticipating new appointments and several representatives from the incoming church leadership team are invited to attend these seminars. If you have been invited to attend and need the link, click the button below. If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com or the district office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Thursday, May 6, 2021
During this two-hour interactive meeting, clergy will be provided tools and strategies to aid in their transition to a new appointment. Participants will walk away with:
- Strategies for ending their current appointment well
- Strategies for starting their new appointment strong
- Breakout room sessions with colleagues for reflection and processing
- Introduction to a Collaborative Preparation tool to gain traction quickly at their new appointment
Thursday, May 6, 2021
During this one-hour webinar, laity leaders will be provided tools and strategies to aid their congregation through the appointment transition. Participants will walk away with:
- Review of the ending well and starting strong strategies shared with clergy
- Six opportunities for impact with a new pastor
- Introduction to a Collaborative Preparation tool to gain traction quickly with their new pastor
Transition Seminar Resources
- Slides for the Laity Seminar (updated 5/6/21)
Print these in advance so you can take notes while you listen.
- Collaborative Preparation Guide
Use this guide to meet with your team within a month after your pastoral transition. This meeting should also take place after your Covenant Visit with your District Superintendent.
- Mission Insite Guide
Use this guide to access important information about the community surrounding your church.
About Our Presenter, Kay Kotan:
Kay Kotan is the founder of You Unlimited. Her vast experience and knowledge come from both the corporate sector and non-profit sector. Kay has served on the Cabinet of two United Methodist Conferences as a Developer, and is a professionally credentialed coach, consultant, speaker, and author. Kotan has authored or co-authored more than a dozen books, including Mission Possible: A Simple Structure for Missional Effectiveness, IMPACT!: Reclaiming the Call of Lay Ministry, Building Worship Bridges: Accelerating Neighborhood Connections through Worship, and Launching Leaders: Taking Leadership Development to New Heights.
Need the Link to Join?
Fill out the form below and we will email you the link to join the appropriate seminar.