In 2020, Preaching WELL will return to the Trinity Center in Pine Knoll Shores. Our theme this year is “Recalibrate: Cultivating Gospel Imagination.” Mark your calendars for April 27-29, and prepare to fill your soul and mind as we gather together for worship, workshops, and collective sermon planning.
Here is some of what’s planned for Preaching WELL in 2020:
- A workshop focused on “detoxing” from habits and patterns in thinking … how do we step back from routine to recalibrate our imagination?
- Collaborative sessions to develop sermon themes and material for Advent, Transfiguration Sunday, and Lent;
- Time to dig deeper into one of the themes that emerge from a generative session;
- Space for individual sermon planning, rest, and walks on the beach.
Reserve your spot early!
A non-refundable deposit of at least $25 will earn you an “early bird” discount of an additional $25 off of your total registration. Deposits must be paid by January 31, 2020, in order to receive the discount.
Accommodations and Cost:
All Trinity Center rooms have a single bed, double bed, and private bath, plus access to a living room shared by the housing cluster. For those who stay at the Trinity Center, registration includes all meals from lunch on Monday through breakfast on Wednesday.
The full cost for lodging plus Preaching WELL registration is as follows:
- $297 – Single Room at Trinity Center
- $260 – Shared Room at Trinity Center
- $155 – Commuter Rate*
*The Commuter Rate is for any Preaching WELL participant who chooses not to stay on site at the Trinity Center. This rate includes lunch and dinner on Monday and Tuesday.
Who is invited? Anyone who proclaims from the pulpit and is interested in a time apart to drink from a spiritual well, retreat with colleagues, and plan sermons and series based on the liturgical calendar.
What to expect? The retreat is intended to provide a transformational time away with worship, quiet time, and collaborative sessions for planning sermons and sermon series. These sessions include time to read and reflect on lectionary scriptures, generate ideas in small groups, and report back on the best ideas generated during collaborative planning.
Want to learn more? Check out this video made after our 2019 Preaching WELL event: