Thinking about starting a learning pod at your church?
Join us for a webinar and learn about creative ways churches are reaching out to support students and schools engaged in virtual learning.
Stepping into E-Learning: Engaging Church and Educational Partnerships
Presented by the Center for Leadership Excellence
September 16, 11am EST
(should last no longer than one hour)
About the Webinar:
Historically, churches and denominations have proven innovative around social and health issues, with a long history of responding to community needs. The pandemic presents an opportunity for our communities of faith to again live into the space of innovation and engagement.
Virtual and hybrid schools mean that students need a supportive environment, access to the internet, and oftentimes help with schoolwork and technology. As churches sit empty and volunteers look for opportunities to serve, how can we use our facilities and provide access and assistance for children and their parents?
About the Presenters:
We will hear from several churches, each with unique approaches and collaborations to support e-learning in their communities. Presenters and contributors to this webinar include:
- Justin Coleman, Senior Pastor, University UMC
- Ben Williams, Senior Pastor, Christ UMC
- Taylor Mills, Pastor, Ann Street UMC
- Julia Royall Johnson, Children’s and Youth Ministries and Director of Alternate School Care (ASC), Ann Street UMC
- Christine Dodson, Conference Treasurer, North Carolina Conference of the UMC