As we approach this one-year mark since shifting to virtual events, we wanted to take a moment to look back at the ways we have journeyed together. Since last March, we have hosted over 30 virtual events, with more than 2500 people participating in at least one event, including individuals from other conferences, other denominations, and sometimes even other parts of the world!
We have loved being here to resource some of your needs, and we are grateful that so many of you have been able to participate in some of our offerings. Even more, most of these events have been recorded and are still available for viewing.
Not sure where to start? Check out our top five most popular webinars, or browse the topic lists below…
Top Five Most Popular Webinars:
- Livestreaming Jesus: Adapting to Preaching Online with Christine Parton Burkett
- Lies My Preacher Told Me: An Honest Look at the Old Testament with Brent Strawn
- In it Together: Trauma and Preaching During COVID-19 with Kimberly Wagner
- Finding New in the Familiar: Reading Scripture with Fresh Eyes with Sarah Heath
- Xroads, Week 4: People of Asian Descent with Sangwoo Kim
Who We Are as Methodists
- Ministering to the Whole Person: Wesleyan Precedents for Ministry in a Pandemic with Randy Maddox
- Mothers in Israel: Impudent Women in Early English Methodism with Donna Fowler-Marchant
Self Care and Spiritual Practices
- Living from the Spiritual Heart in a Time of Heightened Anxiety with Winston Charles
- Resilience: Bouncing Back in Troubled Times with Alix Felsing
- Self Care as Spiritual Practice for Leaders of Color with Donna Coletrane Battle
- Coping with the Pandemic of Grief with J. Dana Trent
- Contemplating Our Year with Alexis Carter Thomas
Outreach and Care for Others
- Food, Faith, and Justice: Theological Framework and Practical Examples with Jimmy McKinnell and Michelle Osborne
- Stepping into E-Learning: Engaging Church and Educational Partnerships with Ann Street UMC, Christ UMC, and University UMC
- Help: How Can I Respond to the Emotions? with Amy Thompson
- Faith Communities, Older Adults, and COVID-19 with Megan Smith and Cynthia Hancock
For a full list of past events, check out our Past Webinars, Past Days of Learning, and Past Workshops archives. We also have recordings of the Conference-Wide Leadership training from January, with trainings for S/PPRC, Trustees, Finance, and Lay Leaders.
We have enjoyed spending time with so many of you this past year, and we hope to see you at an upcoming event soon … one of these days, maybe even in person!
~ Leah and Josey, Center for Leadership Excellence