One of the most beneficial ways disciples can discover and respond to God’s call in their lives is by discovering and serving from their God-given gifts. Whether that service is inside the church or outside in the community, God’s gifts enable us to fulfill the ministry to which God calls us and thereby give glory to the Giver of Gifts. This will be an enjoyable venture into discovering the gifts God has placed in you for the mission and ministry to which God calls you.
In this class you will:
- Discover the Biblical foundations for gifts-based ministry and the nature of God’s gifts for ministry
- Discover the definitions of ministry gifts and how scripture cites examples of those gifts
- Examine the role of gifts in effective ministry in today’s church
- Discover your own personal gifts for ministry
- Correlate your gifts to specific opportunities for mission and ministry
- Draft a gifts-based description of a ministry in the local church and explore ways to help your local church move into a gifts-based ministry leadership development system
Class sessions will begin November 2 and conclude November 13. Course fee: $30 payable upon registration. (NOTE: We no longer use PayPal but now use Stripe. There is no Coupon Code so leave that field blank on the payment page and proceed to enter your credit card information.) If you have not taken a class from NCCUMC Online Learning you will need to register on the site before registering for a class.
Course registration is available here and open through Monday, October 26. The required text for the course is Lay Servant Ministries Spiritual Gifts Participant’s Book and is available through this link. If you have concerns about timeliness of delivery, they also offer EPub and Kindle versions.