The Director of Children and Family Ministries will work with others to plan and carry out a comprehensive program for children that includes worship, study, fellowship, and service experiences for children, ages birth through 5th grade, and their parents. The Director will have a deep commitment to faith formation of children and will advocate that all children are welcome and expected to be fully engaged in the ministries of the church.
• Bachelor’s degree, early childhood education preferred and/or five years experience in teaching.
• Active in a local church.
• Plan and coordinate educational programs that nurture the faith development of children from infancy through fifth grade, including but not limited to Sunday school and Vacation Bible School.
• Direct and oversee the care and protection of all children during church programs and events. This includes childcare for Sunday morning as well as for other meetings and events on and off campus.
• Coordinate the participation of children in leadership during worship.
• Build and support effective volunteer teams.
• Oversee the University UMC Preschool and supervise the Preschool Director
Supervises: Pre-School Director and Paid Child Care Staff
Salary range: $41,500-45,500
This position reports to the Pastor of Discipleship and Nurture and is a full-time staff position. It is a salaried position with a full benefits package.
How to Apply:
Contact Reverend Tobi Nguyen, TNguyen@universityumc.church for the full job description and application instructions.