The Out Of Office Assistant feature of Google Apps allows you to set up an automated message that will let people know when you are out of the office. This feature is known as a “Vacation responder” and is fairly straightforward to configure. Follow these steps to set up your Vacation responder:
- Log into your Conference webmail account.
- Click the blue gear icon next to your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Mail Settings.
- On the Settings screen scroll down to the Vacation responder section.
- Select the option to turn on your Vacation responder.
- You can set a start and end time for your responder. Selecting the day before you return as the end date will end the responder on the day that you return. This will prevent you for accidentally running your responder for some time after you return to the office.
- Enter the Subject and Message.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save Changes button.