Did you know that your Conference Google Apps account has a built in chat program? You can use it to talk to everyone else that is logged into the nccumc.org e-mail system (1400 of us at present count!) as well as anyone using the Gmail Google Talk system. The chat program is built directly into your webmail interface and can also be accessed by running the separate Google Talk program. Here’s how you can get started:
- Log into your Conference webmail account.
- Click the blue gear icon next to your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Mail Settings
- Click the Chat link at the top of the options page. You should see the following options:
- Android – Google Talk should already be installed on your phone. If it isn’t then go into the Android Market and search for Google Talk.
- Blackberry – install the Google Talk program.
- iPhone – access the Google Talk program.