- Log into your webmail account. We recommend using the District account instead of the Superintendent account.
- Click the Calendar link.
- Under My Calendars (on the left hand side) click Add.
- Enter a calendar name. Please stick with the full office naming convention (Elizabeth City District Office, Raleigh District Office, Wilmington District Office, etc…).
- Check the Share this calendar with others check box.
- Check Make this calendar public. Make sure the corresponding drop down menu item is set to See all details.
- Check Share this calendar with everyone in the organization. Make sure the corresponding drop down menu item is set to See all details.
- Under share with specific people enter the e-mail address of your District Superintendent. Set his/her permissions to Make changes AND manage sharing. As people rotate on and off the Cabinet this permission can be easily changed.
Please feel free to add Derek Leek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and (email@example.com) with the same permissions. We can help support any calendaring issues remotely. You must share your calendar with Derek before he can embed it into our website. Once you share a calendar with someone they should be able to see it in their Google Apps account within a few minutes. They may need to log out and log back in to help speed that process along.
Please note: If you are using Outlook to interact with your Google Apps mailbox then you may want to add the new District calendar to your list of calendars in Outlook. You can find out information on how to add your District calendar here: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=178189.